Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"HINTAY" - How did it come out?

The word "HINTAY" is a Filipino word which means "wait".  This is how the song was made.


When I was like 9 to 12 years old, I had a habit of composing songs, most of them are just about nothing, or just plain nonsense. I just belong to a family of musically-inclined persons, so that might be the reason why I'm like this. Before, I compose songs when I'm just idle, it's like one of my hobbies. Composing songs just kills my time. I've been influenced before by some of the famous artists then, if I remembered it right, I liked (LIKED - PAST TENSE OF LIKE, mind you) Gloria Estefan, MC Hammer, and many famous artists from the 90's era.


I have composed many songs, but not one of them just talked about me. When I reached 18 to 20 years old, the time came that I felt the commitment to love relationships. I soon realized that I become "artistic" when I get emotional or depressed. One time, I was dumped by this girl, and I found the time that I have to compose a song since I was so depressed at that time. So I took the advantage, took a pen, a paper, and a guitar. I quickly came up with the title, "Hintay". "Hintay" means "Wait".


I felt that it really came out well. Because when I sang the whole song for the first time, I cried! =( So, upon discovery, this is the only song out of like 50 songs that I had composed that really hit me. So I'd say that this song is the LEGEND.. hehe.. =) Anyway, the song is simply about waiting for second chances, as the title of the song suggests.


After a few action video shoots, I decided to make a music video.  And I chose this song.  I just directed my talents the way I really felt from the song.  I wasn't aware of the correct settings on my camera then, so forgive my crappy shots, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment